Registration for amateur bakers
The Rehoboth Beach Gingerbread Contest is open to everyone who enjoys being creative. Individuals or teams may participate. Find the appropriate category for your entry on the form below. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Winners in the Amateur Division will be selected by People's Choice Votes and a Judge's Choice Award. Tickets to vote may be purchased at the event - $1 each or 6 tickets for $5.
Judging Criteria: Overall appearance, originality & creativity, and consistency of theme
Registrations will be accepted through November 1, 2019. Spaces for entries are limited. Please register early! In the event you will not be able to participate after submitting your entry form, kindly send your regrets to email@example.com.
1. All entries must be original designs unless they are replicas. NO KITS PERMITTED. Designs are not limited to houses. The focal point of the entry must be made of gingerbread.
2. Entries must be placed on a sturdy foam core or board base. Bases may be painted. Paint or ribbon may be used to cover the edges of the base.
3. Maximum size of entries, including the base, must not exceed 24" in width, depth, or height.
4. All parts of the entry (excluding the base) must be constructed of edible materials. Candies must be unwrapped and free of non-edible materials such as lollipop sticks.
5. Battery operated lighting is permitted if it is integral to the design i.e. lighting for ‘stained glass’ windows.